JULY 13, 2021
The City of Austin Employees Retirement System (COAERS) is seeking City of Austin residents interested in serving as a Trustee on the COAERS Board. The position, Trustee Place 5, is appointed by the COAERS Board to serve a four-year term, which will begin January 2022 and continue through December 2025. To qualify, applicants must have been City of Austin residents for the preceding five years and must not be current or former City of Austin employees or officers of the City of Austin.
About the COAERS Board
The COAERS Board of Trustees are fiduciaries of the retirement system and discharge their duties in the exclusive interest of members and beneficiaries for the purpose of providing authorized benefits to participants and their beneficiaries. Trustees work with professional staff and service providers including investment consultants, actuarial consultants, and legal counsel. Responsibilities of the Board of Trustees include:
- Establishing and reviewing the mission and setting the strategic direction of COAERS;
- Adopting policies, resolutions, and bylaws appropriate for the administration of COAERS;
- Hiring and performance evaluation of the executive director;
- Approval of the annual administrative budget;
- Oversight of investment program and asset allocation of the fund;
- Establishing the actuarial assumptions with the assistance of professional staff and consulting actuary; and
- Approval of disability retirement applications.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit a completed candidate application, a resume, and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the application:Trustee Place 5 Application