City of Austin Seeking Applicants for COAERS Board Appointment
The City of Austin is seeking residents interested in serving as a trustee on the City of Austin Employee Retirement System (COAERS). This position, appointed by the Austin City Council, is a volunteer position with a four-year term. Pension system trustees are fiduciaries of the pension plan and fulfill the following responsibilities:
- oversight of investment decisions and asset allocation of the fund;
- with the assistance of professional staff including the executive director, investment officer and plan actuary, establish the actuarial assumptions and determine contribution requirements;
- hiring and evaluation of the executive director;
- approval of system consultants;
- approval of the budget;
- oversight of benefit payments;
- approval of disability retirement applications.
To qualify, applicants must have been city residents for the preceding five years and must not be City of Austin employees, former employees, or officers of an employer.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit a 500 word or less statement of interest and a current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “City of Austin Employee Retirement System - Statement of Interest.”